LENDLEASE SIGNS DEAL WITH LONDON BOROUGH OF HARINGEY TO DELIVER HIGH ROAD WEST TRANSFORMATION
The High Road West development will deliver:
- A new civic square for community activities and cultural events, flanked by new shops, restaurants, and cafes
- A new park, new green spaces including gardens, children’s play area and outdoor gym
- Funding towards skills and training to help local people secure job opportunities
- A new community library and learning centre
- More than 2,500 high-quality and sustainable homes including 30% affordable (c. 430 shared ownership homes and 300 affordable rent homes)
- Circa 4,000 jobs across the lifetime of the project - with a high proportion targeted for local people
- Investment in the refurbishment of local shop fronts and business support to local business operators
- New thoroughfare routes and community spaces which will directly link the area to Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium and Northumberland Park
- A new district energy centre
- New workspace
Lendlease was appointed the preferred bidder for the project in September 2017 following a competitive process in which existing residents were closely involved. The first phase of construction is expected to start in 2018, with all stages of construction estimated to be completed over ten years.
Lendlease’s Managing Director, Property, Europe, Jonathan Emery said: “Signing High Road West with Haringey allows us to work in partnership to deliver a comprehensive development including much needed new homes, first-class amenities and enhanced facilities for Tottenham residents.
“Local people are at the heart of our plans for delivery. With prioritised funding for skills and training, we will support local entrepreneurship and long-term employment opportunities for the people of Tottenham to ensure the long-term success of this vital regeneration.”